Tuesday 11 February 2014

SIBLING RIVA+LRY


My kids compete over everything: who can wash their hands first, who gets to sit at the head of the table, who makes the best Perry the Playtpus chitter. Everything. And it's maddening. I usually just tell them to stop arguing over stupid stuff like that or I'll send them to their rooms so I can get some peace and quiet.




That said, I realize what mostly bothers me is that they're competing over stupid meaningless trivia (like who has the best Pokémon card) rather than stuff that matters - see, I am actually OK with being competitive for stuff that matters.




We're following the, so far for Canada, awesome Winter Olympics and, when we heard on the radio that Canada had for the first time ever led in the medal standings, my 8 year old exclaimed, "Yes! IN YOUR FACE, NORWAY!" Words truly that I never thought to hear from anyone. Yet, I laughed really hard and was in full agreement with the sentiment.




So when they brought home their report cards and were competing over who had the best report card, (Oh, yeah! I am the best in Self-Regulation!) I know that I may be reaping some sort of hurricane down the road, but I couldn't help but being pleased.




No comments:

Post a Comment